Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shadow of His Wings

O God, Thou art my God; early will

I seek Thee; my soul thirsteth for thee,

my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and

thirsty land, where no water is;”

Psalm 63:1

How often, O child of God, have you

basked in the Son Light, and partook of

the benefits supplied by your Sovereign:

yet amidst the blessings, your heart is

made to yearn for something more. You

are aware of a thirst that “things” are

not able to satisfy. “Lord, I thirst!”

In response to your cry, an Omniscient

Heavenly Father dispatches a cloud; it is

a grievously dark cloud. It comes to where

you are, looming overhead, hiding as it

were, the face of the Son.

“O God! I thirst for your Presence!

Why do you now forsake me in the

midst of my need?”

It is then, from that same cloud that

(seemingly) brought forth darkness and

separation, that Mercy begins to rain

upon you. Your Heavenly Father

showers you with His Sufficiency!

What reasoning is it that would cry,

“Lord, send the rains to quench my thirst,

but please withhold the clouds!”

The Psalmist cried out, “Thou hast been

my help!” In the shadow of Thy wings

will I rejoice!”

Look up! Behold the cloud! It is rather

the Shadow of His Wings that hovers

above you!

No comments: