Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Lord and My God

Lord of me and God of me

Varied are the salutations one might use in addressing the Lord in prayer - Our Father, Our Heavenly Father, Dear Lord. . .But why should we not, even as Thomas. . .though having not seen, yet having believed, proclaim the proclamation, call aloud unto our God, our Saviour, our Redeemer: ‘Lord of me and God of me!’ May we not hear as it were the reply: My son, My beloved, My friend, thou whom I have redeemed by the sacrifice of Mine own Blood, My seed, the travail of My soul, thou blessed of My Father!

‘Lord of me and God of me!’ I am quickened, given Eternal Life; His Life; Christ, my Resurrection! Though I was dead, yet am I now made alive in Him!

‘Lord of me and God of me!’ “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” Jer. 33:3.

‘Lord of me and God of me!’ “For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?” Deut. 4:7.

“Lord of me and God of me!’ What a way to begin the new dawn! “In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” Pro. 3:5.

‘Lord of me and God of me!’ Shall not the Holy Spirit be moved within us if we with a heart desiring to worship our Lord, call unto Him; ‘Lord of me and God of me!’ What rejoicing; what communion there is to be shared with our indwelling Comforter when we call forth unto our Lord Jesus Christ. And shall not the wooing of the Spirit cause us to speak of Him in great adoration?

No comments: